Rules for Yandex.Direct API Software Developers
This document is a translation of Rules for Yandex.Direct API Software Developers in English. In case of conflict between the Russian version of Rules for Yandex.Direct API Software Developers and this translation - only the Russian version of Rules for Yandex.Direct API Software Developers is legally binding. The Russian version of Rules for Yandex.Direct API Software Developers can be found here: https://yandex.ru/legal/direct_api_developers/?lang=ru.
2. Terms and Definitions:
Yandex shall mean YANDEX, LLC;
Service shall mean Yandex.Direct Service.
Client shall mean any person acting as an advertiser regarding advertisements placed on the Internet via the Service.
API shall mean a program interface for interaction between the Applications and the Service.
Developer shall mean a person who (1) intends to develop an Application, or (2) has already developed an Application earlier, provided that such Application has been developed in compliance with Yandex’s requirements set forth before this Agreement came to force.
Application shall mean an application software designed to ensure interaction with API in order to manage advertising campaigns of the Client(s) whose advertising is placed on the Internet through the Service.
Application ID (Application_ID) shall mean a sequence of digital and alphabetic characters received by a Developer in the manner prescribed in paragraph 3.3 of this Agreement and clearly identifying such Application (together with an Application Password) in queries (requests) sent to API by the Application.
Application Password shall mean a sequence of digital and alphabetic characters received by a Developer in the manner prescribed in paragraph 3.3 of this Agreement and confirming correlation between an Application ID and the respective Application.
3. Conditions of using API by Developers for Application development
3.2. The Developer’s access to API for Application development shall be exercised with the use of an Application ID and Password.
3.3. To get an access to API (both limited and full), the Developer shall perform the actions described at http://api.yandex.com/direct/doc/concepts/register.xml. While performing the actions specified in this paragraph, the Developer shall provide complete, relevant, and accurate information according to Yandex’s requirements.
3.4. The Developer shall maintain completeness, relevance, and accuracy of the data provided by the Developer according to paragraph 3.3 hereof.
3.5. The Developer shall be prohibited to: (a) perform any actions intended to get two or more different Application IDs and/or Passwords for each separate Application; and (b) use the same Application ID and/or Password for two or more different Applications.
3.6. The Developer’s actions intended to get an unlimited number of Application IDs and/or Passwords to develop more than one Application shall not be prohibited, provided that for each such Application the requirements of paragraph 3.5 (a) hereof are met.
3.7. The Developer bears responsibility for safekeeping of an Application ID and Password transferred to it by Yandex, as well as for all actions performed with the use of the Application ID and Password. The Developer agrees that it is obliged to inform Yandex immediately about any instance of unauthorized access (not permitted by the Developer) to API or the Service using the Application ID and Password and/or about any other violation of security. Yandex is not responsible for possible loss of or damage to data which may occur due to the Developer’s failure to comply with the provisions of this paragraph. The Developer shall take all reasonable measures to ensure secure operation of API. In addition, the Developer shall settle all claims and disputes with a Client related to the Developer’s failure to comply with the provisions of this paragraph independently and on its own account, and reimburse Yandex for all damages (including legal expenses) incurred by Yandex in relation with the claims and suits arising out of the Developer’s failure to comply with the provisions of this paragraph.
3.8. The Developer shall not develop any Applications violating the legislation of the Russian Federation and/or rights and legal interests of any third parties or containing viruses or other malware. The Developer shall be independently liable to any third parties for its actions related to Application development and for the contents of its developed Applications.
3.9. The Developer shall settle all third parties’ claims (including those of the Client) related to development, distribution and use of Applications (by both the Client and the Developer) independently and on its own account. The Developer shall also reimburse Yandex for all damages (including legal expenses) incurred by Yandex in relation with the claims and suits arising out of the Developer’s failure to comply with the provisions of this paragraph.
3.10. A Developer’s Application shall meet the requirements and limitations set forth by Yandex for Applications interacting with API. The said requirements are available free on the Internet at http://api.yandex.com/direct/doc/concepts/requirements.xml. In order to ensure uninterrupted API operation, Yandex shall retain the right to apply special technical requirements for Applications depending on Application functionality (both applicable and potential) and specifics of use of such Applications.
4. The paragraph is reserved for future amendments.
5. Yandex shall be entitled to withdraw and/or cancel an Application ID and/or Password at any time without a notice to the Developer and without giving reasons. In particular, the reasons for an Application ID and/or Password withdrawal and/or cancellation shall be the development and use of Applications violating the terms of this Agreement, legislation of the Russian Federation, and/or rights and legal interests of third parties (including the development of Applications violating third parties’ intellectual property rights), as well as the provision of inaccurate (fully or partially) and/or distorted information to Yandex.
6. The Developer agrees that Yandex shall not be liable for the use (both legal and illegal) of the Developer’s Applications or their contents by any third parties, including their reproduction and distribution performed with the purpose of using the Service or API or in any other possible ways. The Parties have specifically agreed that Yandex shall not be liable for any amendments made to an Application (including the Application source code) by a Client, as well as for the user settings selected independently by the Client, in particular, without the Developer’s participation.
7. The Developer shall guarantee that: (1) the Developer holds all rights or licenses with regard to an Application as well as to all IP and/or means of individualization used by the Developer for the Application development; (2) use of the Application as well as any IP and/or means of individualization by the Developer shall not breach third party rights and legal interests.
8. The Developer shall be liable for violation of the requirements set forth in paragraph 7 of this Agreement. The Developer shall also reimburse Yandex for all damages (including legal expenses) incurred by Yandex in relation with the claims and suits arising out of the Developer’s failure to comply with the requirements of paragraph 7 hereof.
9. Any breach of the legislation of the Russian Federation, the terms of this Agreement, and rights or legal interests of third parties by the Developer may cause Yandex to impose restrictions on the use of and/or access to API. Such restriction or denial of access may be performed (without limitation) by blocking an Application ID or by other means available to Yandex. In addition, if any violation hereof by the Developer causes a serious threat for API uninterrupted operation, Yandex shall be entitled to apply the denials and/or restrictions specified in this paragraph immediately upon detecting such violation.
10. API functionality is offered on an “as is” basis according to this Agreement. Yandex does not guarantee that API will meet the objectives and expectations of the Developer, nor does not guarantee its operation without failures or errors, as well as safety of data related to the use of Applications. The Developer shall bear the risks of using API. Yandex does not compensate any damages, whether direct or indirect, caused to the Developer or third parties (including Clients) as a result of using or being unable to use API.
11. The Developer agrees that Yandex may suspend access to API or close it completely (for both a Client and the Developer), change the protocols and methods of access without any reason and without liability on its part. The Developer is exclusively responsible for safeguarding all its data used for interaction with API.
12. This Agreement and any relations in connection with the use of API for Developers are governed by the legislation of the Russian Federation.
13. All issues and complaints related to the development of Applications, contents of Applications as well as use / inability to use API in full or in part must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. At any time and without notifying the Developer, Yandex may change the text of this Agreement and/or any other conditions of using API. The current version of this Agreement is available at https://yandex.kz/legal/direct_api_developers/
15. This Agreement may contain terms not defined in paragraph 2 hereof. In this case, such terms shall be interpreted according to the text hereof. In case of unavailability of a clear term interpretation in the text hereof, the Developer shall use the term interpretation provided: first, by the legislation of the Russian Federation, second, by http://direct.yandex.ru/ and http://api.yandex.ru/direct/ websites, and then the interpretation settled (commonly used) on the Internet.
16. This Agreement and all other issues regarding relations of Yandex and the Developer are governed by the legislation of the Russian Federation. In case of disputes between Yandex and the Developer in relation to their compliance with the terms of this Agreement, such disputes shall be submitted to the Arbitration Court of Moscow.
17. This Agreement shall come into force upon being published on the Internet at https://yandex.kz/legal/direct_api_developers/
17.1. The Developers mentioned in paragraph 2 sub-paragraph 6 section (2) shall accept the terms hereof and bring their Applications into conformity with the requirements of this Agreement within 90 calendar days from the date when this Agreement becomes effective.
17.2. Should the Developer submit any sufficient and reasonable confirmation of necessity to extend the period specified in paragraph 17.1 hereof, Yandex may extend such period at its discretion for no longer than 30 calendar days.